Monday, September 15, 2008

CUSSIN COMICS ~ ALL-STAR BATMAN #10

batmanrobin10

So, I'm checking out PerezHilton.com & stumble across this article. Then bits of the telephone conversation I had with my comp's DC Brand Manager start to replay in my mind: We have to stop shipping these immediately. Usually its a smear/smudge, duplicate page, error on a character's costume or some other thing that only comic fanatics go into a frenzy about. I'm thinking, no big deal. Wrong!
Our shipments hit trucks as early as 6 am. I got the call around 9 am. So what does that mean? Quiiiite a few of these were already on their merry little way to comic book retailers worldwide. A standard notice was sent to our customers:

***** SHIPPING ADVISORY: DC COMICS’ ALL STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER #10

Dear Diamond Customer:

Please be advised that copies of DC Comics’ ALL-STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER #10 (FEB080203-4D) may be included in your September 10 shipment.

At DC’s request, please do not place this book out for sale to your customers. Instead, please destroy any copies that you receive. You will be credited for these copies on your September 17 invoice.

Diamond apologizes for any inconvenience this creates for you or your customers. If you have additional questions, please contact your Diamond Customer Service Representative. Thank you.

Oh yea...I'm looking at both the regular cover & the variant. And yes, the potty mouth dialogue is there - its a lot more than the tidbits listed by Perez.
As for the ebay auctions...dammit! Diamond prohibits employees to participate in sales & auctions outside of a one time sale of private collections. I like my job, so I'm staying out of that one. But to anyone interested in this ebay listing: There is no CGC edition of All-Star Batman & Robin #10. So that "beautiful", "Great Investment" by an "Authorized CGC Dealer" is a knock-off, so keep your $499.99.

**UPDATE** The "CGC" is now listed as a presale. Ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to let you know I am a fan! If you get a chance, check me out on Blogger at www.digsdaily.com where we discuss music, life and nostalgia!

Peace!

a.digs