Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Chapter


Brandy - Brokenhearted

"Life's not over. I can start again".

If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm in the midst of a break-up. Normally, a few nights out with the homies laced with alcohol, laughter & story sharing is enough to bounce me back. But the circumstances of my failed relationship make this time a lot different. In the 10 months we were together, I went through a lot (some good, some bad) with this person. When things were bad, they were BAD. But when things were good, it couldn't get any better.
I don't regret a single moment shared with him. He wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for me. It's incredible to feel that way about someone. And as much as I like to be optimistic about life, I can't help but feel that something like that doesn't happen twice.
In the day, I have so many distractions that I don't think about it much. However, night time is an entirely different story. I lay in my bed alone, something that I haven't done unwillingly in a long time, and I have nothing left to think about. Nothing other than how much I miss him, and how much I wish that we hadn't fallen apart.
I've lost more than a relationship. I've lost a friendship. And that's what hurts the most.

1 comments:

Binwa said...

I am here if you need a friend keep your pretty head up life offers us many problems... and solutions love you.