Thursday, July 3, 2008

I LOVE YOU vs I LUV U

iheartyuthismuch

Me & my BFF homegirl Carrie were talking about this the other day & both agreed that it would be an interesting blog topic. (I <3 your opinions)

In our tech savy age, text messages & e-mails have made the love letter pretty darn obsolete. I too have found myself beaming sweet nothings into my sweetie's inboxes sometimes more than his ears.

With emoticons & abbreviations being standard for the uber texter, I ask this: Does "I luv u" carry the same weight as "I love you"?

For me, it doesn't. I see "I love you", and I can feel the words like a whisper. But "I luv u" (and its variations) come across as cheap as a knock-off.

5 comments:

bshepjr said...

i agree with you, those abbreviations just dont do it for me.....

maybe im getting old... :-(

CCG said...

I agree with U. But; I think that it sometimes depends on the sender and the context.

Anonymous said...

yea...luv and love are too entirely different things!

IMO, one is flirty and casual...the other is some shit not to f**k wit!

Anonymous said...

oops...meant two*

lol

Binwa said...

I agree like when a women asks "can you CUM over" the inuendo is very clear.